Wednesday 1 April 2015

And the HBA1C is........

Drumroll.......

8.9% a lot of you may think that's a little high, and quite rightly so but I'm actually really happy with it! Considering all the shit I have been through the last couple years I think that's pretty good going :) it's lower than my last one and that's all that matters, progress means everything even if it's slow and steady! 

For all you non diabetics who are thinking "what the heck is a hba1c!?" It's a routine blood tests that diabetics have that measures the amount of glycated haemoglobin (hb) in the blood and gives an average based on the past 6 months or so.... Simplified even more it's basically testing how much sugar is in our blood over a short period so we keep it in check and make sure we are less prone to all those nasty complications! It then gives a result that is converted into a percentage. 

Apart from that everything else was fine thank god! Perfect blood pressure, feet check went alright and no other infections or anything :) 

Now I just have to make sure I go to all the other appointments, oh and I need to book my eye scan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment